Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Iron Craft Challenge #2



Iron Craft Challenge #2 - Hearts and flowers. As I blogged about here, I have been hooked on making needlepoint plastic canvas covers for miniature composition notebooks ever since the challenge #37 last year which was to make something small. They are quick and fun to put together.

I am one of those people who love Valentine's day so this was an easy challenge. I had no idea where it was headed when I started. I began with stitching the pink heart and then started to do the chevron pattern on the back, starting with the red and white stripes. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but the third color in the stripe is a nice grey. I debated between a dark pink and the grey. I'm glad I went with gray because as soon as I had that added it took on a more modern feel. And then I knew I had to add a more funky, modern looking flower on the front!

Thanks for visiting,
rebecca


1 comment:

  1. That chevron pattern is so nice, I'm going to do something similar on my iphone cover.

    ReplyDelete