Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A creative project finished

It feels great when a project is finished.

I have enjoyed stitching on plastic canvas for a long time. I'm glad to see some plastic canvas projects appearing on blogs lately. Most plastic canvas projects are fun, fast, and portable. It can be so much more than tissue box covers!

I like working on the 10 count canvas, which has 10 holes per inch. It can be stitched with one or two strands of embroidery floss.

The Iron Craft challenge #37 last year was to Shrink It, we were challenged to make something smaller. And ever since that week I have been hooked on making little covers for miniture composition notebooks. They are so cute and can be personalized for whoever you make it for. Here's the one I made for my husband, so proud he actually uses it here at home to record financial data :).







And here's another one I just finished.









The front and back of the miniture composition notebook fit in perfectly. I leave the back unstitched just to make them faster. Plus I like the textured feel of the unstitched canvas. I think it's easier to hold.


Thanks for visiting,
I'm off to plan another cover!

rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Wow! very creative and colorful ~ and What a great hubby ~ supportive of your creations! ~~namaste, carol ~ linked w/CED

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I particularly like the second cover with all the bright colors. Beautiful work! (Found you through CED.)

    ReplyDelete